A Gallery of Spring Flowers

With the warmer weather, Spring flowers are beginning to pop up everywhere. This gallery of photographs contains native species which are already included on the A -Z Species List through previous posts. All of the photographs below were  taken over the last two weeks.

One thought on “A Gallery of Spring Flowers

1. 29 September 2014 at 9:45 am

These photos are wonderful! I couldn’t be more excited if I were at a haute couture designers show in Paris! Spring’s parade of beautiful creations! Thanks so much for sharing!

• 29 September 2014 at 9:56 am

This is just the start! I have photos of unidentified peas, guinea flower, tea tree, goodenia, rice flowers – and more. Hopefully I can get some of these up on the blog in the next week or two. I love this time of year too!

• 29 September 2014 at 10:02 am

I’m so envious! We (in the Northern Hemisphere..) are moving into winter. 😦
        I look forward to seeing more of your springtime discoveries!

2. 29 September 2014 at 2:49 pm

Thanks for that spring gallery. It’s helped me name a couple of flowers at our place.

• 29 September 2014 at 2:54 pm

Oh good! I’m pleased- it always helps to know what each of the plants are. Which region are you in? Lisa

• 30 September 2014 at 9:19 am

Hello Lisa we are Southern Tablelands NSW. Helen.

• 30 September 2014 at 2:14 pm

Ah- thanks Helen. when I read through field guides I often come across species of orchids which say ‘endemic to Southern NSW – you must have some beautiful flowers now too! Thanks for replying. Lisa

3. 05 December 2014 at 6:32 am

Gorgeous!!! Love the waxlip orchid.

• 05 December 2014 at 8:44 am

Yes, I love them too. Unfortunately they didn’t last long this season – it was too dry. We had a very low-rainfall Spring. Thanks for commenting! 🙂 Lisa

Let me know what you think!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s