As my Fifteen Acres blog grows and changes, I’ve been thinking more about its central themes. I’ve settled on a couple of rules which shape my posts:
- Everything I write about happens on our fifteen acres of mostly bushland
- Through photographs and my thoughts, I’ll try to show you what I found interesting or unusual.
Broad in scope, these guidelines enable me to discuss many things – birds, plants, landscape, photography, art, self-sufficiency, gardening, food production, and so on. Over time, Fifteen Acres has taken on a certain style, which I enjoy and want to maintain. I’ve also been compiling a list of things I would like to be able to do:
- Highlight other blogs and websites
- Post quick updates on topics I’ve already written about
- Provide a place for readers to tell me what is happening in their back yard
- Engage in discussions about species, self-sufficiency methods, etc
As an experiment, I’ve set up a Fifteen Acres Facebook fan page to see how this might work. It is very much in its infancy, but if you take a look you will find a few items that don’t fit the blog format, along with recent blog posts. If you use Facebook, please click ‘Like’ on the Facebook page to follow it, or leave a comment below on things you would like to see more of on the Fifteen Acres blog or the Facebook page. I would love to know your thoughts. Fifteen Acres is also on Twitter @FifteenAcres.